I have always loved interior design. Growing up it played a major role in my life as every house I lived in was remodeled from one end to the other. This gave me the opportunity to learn about interior design from my mom, dad and our designers, and has really inspired me today! Interior design allows a space to have a certain character or feeling, which can be established through many different design techniques and decorating styles. In the future I hope to succeed in designing a variety of interior spaces, making each special, and fit the particular feeling or style that that job requires. I can't wait to see where my passion for interior design takes me, and what the future has in store!

Friday, June 22, 2012

Keys

I really enjoyed drawing 'Keys' because it allowed me to open my eyes and actually look at an object I use in my everyday life. I mean seriously when do you ever stop your busy life to look at a key even though its how you access most things you own such as your house, car, safe, locker, the list goes on and on.  When I was drawing the different keys I realized how different all keys are from one another, differentiating in their shape, size, texutre, and line.  Drawing these keys taught me definition of line, as well as the importance of detail.  On each key there were multiple lines, long ones, thick ones, skinny ones, and the more I tried to communicate the lines I saw on each key, the more the drawing came to life, along with a sense of depth and character.  

No comments:

Post a Comment