I have always loved interior design. Growing up it played a major role in my life as every house I lived in was remodeled from one end to the other. This gave me the opportunity to learn about interior design from my mom, dad and our designers, and has really inspired me today! Interior design allows a space to have a certain character or feeling, which can be established through many different design techniques and decorating styles. In the future I hope to succeed in designing a variety of interior spaces, making each special, and fit the particular feeling or style that that job requires. I can't wait to see where my passion for interior design takes me, and what the future has in store!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hybrid Drawing

This is a room I initially designed on trace paper through many layers each time adding more and more.  When I was done designing the room I scanned the image, placing it in the In Design program.  After that I was able to trace the room I had designed, and digitally enhance it adding different digital materials and some of the furniture.  I learned a lot about the program In Design and Photoshop and some very important tools which allowed me to complete this room.  Hybrid drawings are difficult your first time as I learned when I did this  room, as you need to label each layer specifically and every part of the walls and furniture.  Next time I design a hybrid drawing I will make sure to print out the room and make sure the colors aren't too close, because as you can see in my drawing, the couch, table and door are all very similar in color.  Overall I believe I was successful in completing my first hybrid drawing!

No comments:

Post a Comment